Monday, April 20, 2009

Yay, school is back in session!

I just endured a very long week of Spring Break with my kids and am so happy to be back to normal with kids off to school and everyone's normal routine back in place. This morning I woke early to run my 3.4 miles in a record time of 38 minutes. I am trying to push myself harder every day to either run further or faster. I used to hate running but now I love it. I found myself itching to get outside this morning after a 2-day break.
Thank goodness for my next-door neighbor, Brooke, last week when she suggested we trade off kids Friday so we could both enjoy some sanity building time. I think she took pity on me when she came home Thursday to see me standing on my front porch barking orders to my kids to run down the street and back to release some of their crazy energy since they were bouncing off the walls. I can't imagine what the summer will be like for me when the kids are home all day every day. Thank goodness for warm weather, swimming lessons and art classes!

1 comment:

Jen Wade said...

seriously, we need to get some summer plans or I will go crazy !!!