Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Easter Chickies

What makes a mother more proud than to see her children dressed up, clean and hair combed with smiles on their faces? Well, can't think of anything at the moment. This was taken after all the candy was consumed from the Easter Bunny and after all the excited giggles subsided from the girls. Nothing is more exciting than trying on a brand-new dress that has that perfect twirling feature. Even Zachary was excited for his new tie even though Kyle said it was a little "gay." I threatened Kyle that if Zach overheard him saying that that it would be the end of him!
We drove to my mom's to attend church with her. The kids loved being in their new classes and have asked since if they can go to Grandma Thompson's church. I was glad to see some old familiar faces and catch up with some childhood friends who also decided to visit the old ward. After church we hunted some Easter eggs at Grandma T's and hung out until it was time to go visit the Bevan's. There we also took part in hunting for some more eggs and eating dinner with Kyle's parents and brother and sister with their families. It was a good eventful day and I was happy to have gotten in a small lesson of the real meaning of Easter to my children. I am so thankful for my family and the smiles they put on my face.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The Wills Family! said...

They all look so cute! What if we didn't have church to go to every week, our kids would never get squeaky clean let alone all dressed up!

Jen Wade said...

a little "gay" lol, that is funny, He and they look so cute :)

Leah said...

Love the dresses AND THE TIE!