Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Zach!



I can't believe I'm the mother of an eight-year old! It seems like yesterday I was feeding him Cheerios from his high-chair and rocking him to sleep at nap time. As many know, Zach was a really hard baby. I think I cried more than he did, but I have to believe that through all the sweat and tears, came this incredible young man who makes me laugh and smile every day. I am so proud to be the mother of this delightful boy.

On another note, all of us as a family participated together to go from January 1st to Zach's birthday without eating sugar, AT ALL! We made one exception on Superbowl Sunday, but we all made it! Zach was our superstar who was 100% sugar-free the entire time! Everyone we told was astonished. He did so well, especially when treats were offered at school. Still, he stayed strong. And the reward for all his efforts? A party at Pirate Island Pizza for his birthday. He said it was well worth it!

No comments: