Friday, May 22, 2009

Race Day


So I ran in the Susan G. Komen for the Cure race on May 9th, which is also my birthday (had to add that in). I got to the Gateway in Salt Lake on time and was able to squeeze my way to the front before the race began. I could not believe how many people were there! I was able to finish the 5K (3.1 miles) in just under 30 minutes which was my best time. Kyle and the kids along with Rene, my mother-in-law were able to see me race, but because of the massive amounts of people there, my mom was lost in the crowd and didn't get a chance to see me. I am really thankful that they were all there to support me. It made it all worthwhile.
Since then I've been pushing myself harder and can now run the same distance in about 25 minutes. Memorial Day I have the chance to race against my two brother-in-laws in a 5K in Bountiful. I'm really excited!

No comments: