Monday, May 4, 2009



My first 5K is this Saturday and I'm getting pretty excited about it. I woke up early this morning after a long break (call it kind of hanging off the wagon, not quite falling off...) and ran my 3.5 miles in 45 minutes. I'm hoping I can shave some time off by race day. Even though there will be no winners for this race, I will see the product of my hard work and persistance and feel like a winner.


I will also be achieving one of my goals by running a race before I turn 30, and what better day to run than on my 29th birthday? I hope that everyone will be able to come and cheer me on. That will be the best birthday present ever!



The 5K (3.1 miles) run and walk will start at 8:30am at a new start line. Both events will start on 300 W & North Temple heading north, and coming back to end near the Gateway Legacy Fountain.




3 comments:

Jen Wade said...

we did this last year, and it was so great!!! Maybe we should still do it??? Not sure it will work out this year, but GOOD LUCK, you'll do awesome !!!

The Wills Family! said...

Not sure if I can make it up there, but I'll be rootin' for you nonetheless! Good luck;)

Heather said...

I am so proud of you! Keep up the good work and I know you will do awesome. Love ya!